Enrollment in the 2018-2019 school year is Now Open!!
It's not too early... and it's never too late to make the right choice for your child!
All current students must re-enroll and submit required paperwork to the school office by the 20th of each month.
To register new students (not presently in the Choice Program,) you will need to also submit
Proof of Finances (2017 Taxes) and Proof of Residency with your name and address on it (utility bill, paystub, government correspondence) by the 20th of the month.
Enroll by June 20th and receive a FREE voucher for a school uniform shirt or tie!
Click here for guided screenshots of each step of the registration process!
If you have any questions regarding choice program enrollment,
please Click Here for LUMIN Schools contact information.
Written Instructions to apply for Milwaukee, Racine and Wisconsin School Choice:
To begin, visit the DPI website: Private School Choice Programs: 2018-19 Student Applications
Click on "Click HERE for the Online Parent Application for the Choice Program"
Click on “Click Here to Enter the Private School Choice Programs System” Versión en Español
- Sign In – Click “Register” to create an account, or sign in as a Returning User.
- Type in your email address (twice) and create a password (twice) – “Save and Continue” (SAVE THIS INFO FOR YOUR RECORDS!) You will then be asked to sign in.
- You will receive a verification email to that email address - verify and sign in as a Returning User.
- Start or continue the application process; click “continue.”
Address and School District
- Enter your current address - it will have a drop down box to select your school district. Since you are registering for the MPCP, you will select “Milwaukee” – Click “continue”
- Choose schools in Milwaukee Parental Choice Program
- Click “Add School” and select the LUMIN School of your choice (“Granville Lutheran School”, "Northwest Lutheran School", "Pilgrim Lutheran School", "Renaissance School" (includes both Taylor and Villa campuses), "Sherman Park Lutheran School" or "St. Martini Lutheran School".)
- Click “Save”
- “Yes, this list is complete”
Parent/Legal Guardian Names
Enter Parent/Guardian Information & Contact Phone number (one phone # is required)
All Children Applying to the Parental Choice Program this year:
- “Add First Student” Enter information; click “Continue”
- Select the school you are applying to then Click “Continue”
- Prior Year Attendance of (Child’s name)
- This will bring up the following options:
- Public School (This is automatically selected)
- Home based (i.e. Home schooled)
- Private School in WI
- School in another state
- Not enrolled in school during the entire school year (This would be for new K4 students)
If your child(ren) currently attends a LUMIN School, for example, Granville Lutheran, you will select “Private School in Wisconsin” then
select “Granville Lutheran”. (Take care to select your preferred LUMIN School.)
- Once you have filled out all the student information, you may add another child by following the previous steps.
- Once you have entered all students who wish to enroll in choice, select “Yes the list is complete.”
Checking Students for Errors
The system will verify to make sure you have entered all your information correctly and prompt you to fix any errors. If there are no errors, click “Continue”
Need for Income-Related Data
The green box will tell you if you need verify income.
This is where you may need to add additional family members who reside at your residence.
Income Determination Method
- If you need to verify income because your student(s) are new to the choice program, you will need to determine if you would like to use the DPI method or DOR method. The website briefly explains what each option means. (*If you apply under the DOR method and you apply incorrectly, you are ineligible to reapply for choice until the 2019-2020 school year.)
- Once you select a method, they will ask for additional information to verify your income for 2017. If you have not filed your taxes, you will need your W2’s. If you have filed your taxes you will need your 1040.
Verify all your information is correct. “Yes, all information is correct.”
Submit All Applications
Electronic Signature for: (Child(ren) names)
You will need to check that all the information you submitted is correct. “Submit All Applications”
- Print that page for your records and submit the documentation that is listed on that page to your LUMIN School administrative assistant.
- You will also get an email verifying that your application has been submitted to DPI.